Campus Visit of the D. H. Chen Foundation
This campus visit brought closer together The D. H. Chen Foundation and LIFS.
The event, new to LIFS’ calendar, provided an opportunity for LIFS to showcase the achievements of our students and staff as well as our research and teaching environment.
Attending Guests from The D. H. Chen Foundation
- Ms. Vivien Chen, Chairman of The D. H. Chen Foundation, Honorary Chairman of Nan Fung Group
- Mr. Vincent Cheung, Managing Director and the Chief Operating Officer of Nan Fung Group
- Ms. Karen Cheung, Board of Trustees of The D. H. Chen Foundation
- Mr. Frank Seto, Honorary Secretary of The D. H. Chen Foundation, Vice Chairman and an Executive Director of Nan Fung Group
- Mr. Alan Chow, Executive Director of The D. H. Chen Foundation
The event was hosted by Professor Zhenguo Wu, the Acting Head of LIFS. Guests were greeted by staff from the Scholarships and Financial Aid Office and then joined by some of the LIFS scholarship awardees and LIFS faculties.
Guests were then provided with a lab tour to have a better idea of research and facilities here at LIFS.
Professor Wei Shyy, the HKUST President, met with the guests at the President’s Office, and then the guests were given a library tour at HKUST. The campus visit was ended with a group photo in front of the School of Science office.
The D. H. Chen Foundation has been supporting the undergraduate scholarship for LIFS students since 2005. Each year, 8-10 newly admitted second-year students with excellent academic performance are selected as the recipients of The D. H. Chen Foundation Life Scheicne Scholarship. For more information, please click here or visit http://sfao.ust.hk.