PhD Brown University
Mechanism and cell cycle control of DNA replication in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae; regulation of DNA replication in normal and cancer cells; molecular cancer detection and anticancer drugs.
- Huang Y, Amin A., Qin Y., Wang Z., Jiang H., Liang L., Shi L., *Liang C. (2016) A Role of hIPI3 in DNA Replication Licensing in Human Cells. PLoS One 11(4):e0151803.
- Zhang X., Xiao, D., Wang, Z., Zou, Y., Huang L., Lin, W., Deng, Q., Pan H., Zhou J., *Liang, C. and He, J.* (2014) MicroRNA-26a/b Regulate DNA Replication Licensing, Tumorigenesis and Prognosis by Targeting CDC6 in Lung Cancer. Mol. Cancer Res. 12, 1535-1546.
- Huo L., R. Wu, Z. Yu, Y. Zhai, X. Yang, T. Chan, J. Yeung, J. Kan, and *Liang C. (2012) The Rix1 (Ipi1p-2p-3p) Complex Is a Critical Determinant of DNA Replication Licensing Independent of Their Roles in Ribosome Biogenesis. Cell Cycle 11, 1325-1339.
- Wu, R., Wang, J., and *Liang, C. (2012) Cdt1p, through its interaction with Mcm6p, is required for the formation, nuclear accumulation and chromatin loading of the MCM complex. J. Cell Sci. 125, 209-219.
- Zhang, Y.X., Yu, Z.L., Fu, X.R., and *Liang, C. (2002) Noc3p, a bHLH protein, plays an integral role in the initiation of DNA replication in budding yeast. Cell, 109, 849-860.