Prof. Wang received his Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science in 2011. He worked as a Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Columbia University between 2011 and 2015. There, he developed a computational method—TEDG which reconstructs the evolution history of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In 2015, he was named as an Irving Institute Precision Medicine Fellow and promoted to Associate Research Scientist in Columbia University. He has been focusing on the study of precision medicine of Glioblastoma under therapy. His current interests also include the research of machine learning and computational methods in biology and medicine.
Recent progression of cancer genome projects has uncovered the mutational landscapes of many cancers, but how cancer cell evolves with and without therapy is still unclear. Scientists believe one major reason of treatment failure is the temporal-spatial dynamics of cancer cells. Actually, cancer cells are constantly evolving, with different groups of cells accumulating distinctive mutations. As the search for more effective cancer diagnostics and therapies continues, remained key questions include a) how to interpret intratumor heterogeneity (ITH); b) how to understand the tumors change over time and how to predict the impact of ITH on tumor progression; and c) how to disentangle the order in which mutations occur. Being able to predict how a tumor will behave based on signs seen early in the course of disease could enable the development of new diagnostics that could better inform treatment planning.
- Huimin Hu*, Quanhua Mu*, Zhaoshi Bao*, Yiyun Chen*, Yanwei Liu*, Jing Chen, Kuanyu Wang, Zheng Wang, Yoonhee Nam, Biaobin Jiang, Jason K. Sa, Hee-Jin Cho, Nam-Gu Her, Chuanbao Zhang, Zheng Zhao, Ying Zhang, Fan Zeng, Fan Wu, Xun Kang, Yuqing Liu, Zenghui Qian, Zhiliang Wang, Ruoyu Huang, Qiangwei Wang, Wei Zhang, Xiaoguang Qiu, Wenbin Li, Do-Hyun Nam, Xiaolong Fan#, Jiguang Wang#, Tao Jiang#. Mutational landscape of secondary glioblastoma guides MET-targeted trial in brain tumor. Cell (2018); DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.09.038. (#Corresponding authors)
- Jin-Ku Lee*, Zhaoqi Liu*, Jason K. Sa*, Sang Shin*, Jiguang Wang*, Mykola Bordyuh, Hee Jin Cho, Oliver Elliott, Timothy Chu, Seung Won Choi, Daniel I. S. Rosenbloom, In-Hee Lee, Yong Jae Shin, Hyun Ju Kang, Donggeon Kim, Sun Young Kim, Moon-Hee Shim, Jusun Kim, Taehyang Lee, Yun Jee Seo, Hyemi Shin, Mijeong Lee, Sung Heon Kim, Yong-Jun Kwon, Jeong-Woo Oh, Minsuk Song, Misuk Kim, Doo-Sik Kong, Jung Won Choi, Ho Jun Seol, Jung-Il Lee, Seung Tae Kim, Joon Oh Park, Kyoung-Mee Kim, Sang-Yong Song, Jeong-Won Lee, Hee-Cheol Kim, Jeong Eon Lee, Min Gew Choi, Sung Wook Seo, Young Mog Shim, Jae Ill Zo, Byong Chang Jeong, Yeup Yoon, Gyu Ha Ryu, Nayoung K.D. Kim, Joon Seol Bae, Woong-Yang Park, Jeongwu Lee, Roel G. W. Verhaak, Antonio Iavarone, Jeeyun Lee#, Raul Rabadan#, Do-Hyun Nam#. Pharmacogenomic landscape of patient-derived tumor cells informs precision oncology therapy. Nature Genetics (2018); 50:1399-1411. (*First authors)
- Jin-Ku Lee*, Jiguang Wang*, Jason K Sa*, Erik Ladewig*, Hae-Ock Lee, In-Hee Lee, Hyun Ju Kang, Daniel S Rosenbloom, Pablo G Camara, Zhaoqi Liu, Patrick van Nieuwenhuizen, Sang Won Jung, Seung Won Choi, Junhyung Kim, Andrew Chen, Kyu-Tae Kim, Sang Shin, Yun Jee Seo, Jin-Mi Oh, Yong Jae Shin, Chul-Kee Park, Doo-Sik Kong, Ho Jun Seol, Andrew Blumberg, Jung-Il Lee, Antonio Iavarone, Woong-Yang Park, Raul Rabadan, Do-Hyun Nam. Spatiotemporal genomic architecture informs precision oncology in glioblastoma. Nature Genetics (2017); 49:594–599. (*First authors)
- Jiguang Wang, Emanuela Cazzato, Erik Ladewig, Veronique Frattini, Daniel Rosenbloom, Sakellarios Zairis, Francesco Abate, Zhaoqi Liu, Oliver Elliott, Yong-Jae Shin, Jin-Ku Lee, In-Hee Lee, Woong-Yang Park, Marica Eoli, Andrew Blumberg, Anna Lasorella, Do-Hyun Nam#, Gaetano Finocchiaro#, Antonio Iavarone#, Raul Rabadan#. Clonal Evolution of Glioblastoma under Therapy. Nature Genetics (2016); 48:768–776.
- Evangelos Pefanis*, Jiguang Wang*, Gerson Rothschild*, Junghyun Lim*, Kazadi D, Sun J, Federation A, Chao J, Elliott O, Liu ZP, Economides AN, Bradner JE, Raul Rabadan#, Uttiya Basu#. RNA Exosome-Regulated Long Non-coding RNA Transcription Controls Super-Enhancer Activity. Cell (2015); 161(4):774-789. (*First authors)