Cheng Associate Professor of Science
PhD Rutgers University
Cellular and molecular mechanisms of axonal regeneration failure in adult mammalian central nervous system.
- Wang H, Wang X, Zhang K, Wang Q, Cao X, Wang Z, Zhang S, Li A#, Liu K#, Fang Y#. Rapid depletion of ESCRT protein Vps4 underlies injury-induced autophagic impediment and Wallerian degeneration. Science Advances 2019 Feb 13:Vol. 5, no. 2, #corresponding author
- Chen W, Lu N*, Ding Y*, Wang Y*, Chan LT, Wang X, Gao X, Jiang S, Liu K#. Rapamycin-resistant mTOR activity is required for sensory axon regeneration induced by a conditioning lesion. eNeuro 2017 Jan 13;3(6). pii: ENEURO.0358-16.2016.
- Li S*, Yang C*, Zhang L, Gao X, Wang X, Liu W, Wang Y, Jiang S, Wong YH, Zhang Y, Liu K#. Promoting axon regeneration in the adult CNS by modulation of the melanopsin/GPCR signaling. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2016 Feb 16;113(7):1937-42.
- Du K*, Zheng S*, Zhang Q*, Li S, Gao X, Wang J, Jiang L, Liu K#. Pten deletion promotes regrowth of corticospinal tract axons one year after spinal cord injury. Journal of Neuroscience 2015 Jul 1;35(26): 9754- 9763.
- Li S*, He Q*, Wang H, Tang X, Ho KW, Gao X, Zhang Q, Shen Y, Cheung A, Wong F, Wong YH, Ip NY, Jiang L, Yung WH, Liu K#. Injured adult retinal axons with Pten and Socs3 co-deletion reform active synapses with suprachiasmatic neurons. Neurobiology of Disease. 2014 Oct 16;73C:366-376. [Epub ahead of print].