PhD University of Cambridge
Molecular mechanisms of Neurodegeneration. Functional studies of genes that are linked to familial Parkinson’s disease.
- Wang, Y., Sung, C.C. and Chung, K.K. (2017). Novel enhancement mechanism of tyrosine hydroxylase enzymatic activity by nitric oxide through S-nitrosylation. Scientific Reports. 7:44154. doi: 10.1038/srep44154.
- Wu, W., Wan, O.W. and Chung, K.K. (2015). S-nitrosylation of XIAP at Cys 213 of BIR2 domain impairs XIAP’s anti-caspase 3 activity and anti-apoptotic function. Apoptosis, 20: 491-9.
- Wan, O.W. and Chung, K.K. (2012). The role of α-synuclein oligomerization and aggregation in cellular and animal models of of Parkinson’s disease. PLoS ONE. 7(6): e38545.
- Xie, W. and Chung, K.K. (2012). α-synuclein impairs normal dynamics of mitochondria in cell and animal models of Parkinson’s disease. J. Neurochem.122:404-14.
- Tsang, A.H., Lee, Y.I., Ko, H.S., Savitt, J. M., Pletnikova, O. Troncoso, J.C., Dawson, V.L., Dawson, T.M. and Chung, K.K. (2009). S-Nitrosylation of XIAP compromises neuronal survival in Parkinson’s disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106: 4900-5.