- Sensory neurobiology: mechanotransduction in hair cells in the inner ear;
- Mechanical and chemical regulation of ion channels; and
- Molecular mechanobiology.
My research interest is mainly focused on mechanical and chemical regulation of ion channels. Recently, my lab is particularly interested in understanding the molecular mechanism of mechanotransduction in hair cells in the inner ear, one of the key questions in sensory neurobiology. We employ a multidisciplinary approach that harnesses the power of cutting-edge techniques in molecular biology, cell biology, and biophysics.
- Hu W*, Yu X*, Liu Z*, Sun Y, Chen X, Yang X, Li X, Lam WK, Duan Y, Cao X, Steller H, Liu K, and Huang P. The complex of TRIP-Br1 and XIAP ubiquitinates and degrades multiple adenylyl cyclase isoforms. eLife, 6, e28021, 2017.
- Shen Y#, Guan D#, Serien D, Takeuchi S, Tong P*, Yobas L*, and Huang P*. Mechanical characterization of microengineered epithelial cysts by using atomic force microscopy, Biophysical Journal, 111(2): 398-409, 2017 (*co-corresponding authors).
- Xie C, Cao X, Chen X, Dong Wang, Zhang WK, Sun Y, Hu W, Zhou Z, Wang Y, and Huang P. Mechanosensitivity of wild-type and G551D cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) controls regulatory volume decrease in simple epithelia. The FASEB Journal, 30(4), 1579-89, 2016, (Recommended by Faculty1000 Prime).
- Duan Y, Sun Y, Zhang F, Zhang W, Wang D, Wang Y, Cao X, Hu W, Xie, C, Cuppoletti J, Magin T, Wang H, Wu Z, Li N and Huang P. Keratin 18 increases CFTR surface expression by binding to its C-terminal hydrophobic patch. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 287(48), 40547-59, 2012.
- Zhang WK, Wang D, Duan Y, Loy MMT, Chan HC, and Huang P. Mechanosensitive gating of CFTR. Nature Cell Biology, 12(5): 507-12, 2010.