Division Head (Acting)
PhD University of Western Ontario
Molecular regulation of muscle stem cells, myogenic differentiation, and muscle regeneration.
- Xiao, F., Wang, H., Fu, X., Li, Y., Ma, K., Sun, L., Gao, X., and Wu, Z. (2011). Oncostatin M inhibits myoblast differentiation and regulates muscle regeneration. Cell Res. 21: 350-64.
- Diao, Y., Guo, X., Li, Y., Sun, K., Lu, L., Jiang, L., Fu, X., Zhu, H., Sun, H., Wang, H., and Wu, Z. (2012) Pax3/7BP Is a Pax7- and Pax3-Binding Protein that Regulates the Proliferation of Muscle Precursor Cells by an Epigenetic Mechanism. Cell Stem Cell 11:231-41.
- Zhu H, Xiao F, Wang G, Wei X, Jiang L, Chen Y, Zhu L, Wang HX, Diao Y, Wang HT, Ip NY, Cheung TH, and Wu Z (2016). STAT3 Regulates Self-Renewal of Adult Muscle Satellite Cells during Injury-Induced Muscle Regeneration. Cell Rep 16: 2102-15.
- An Y, Wang G, Diao Y, Long Y, Fu X, Weng M, Zhou L, Sun K, Cheung TH, Ip NY, Sun H, Wang HT, and Wu Z (2017). A Molecular Switch Regulating Cell Fate Choice between Muscle Progenitor Cells and Brown Adipocytes. Dev Cell. 41: 382-91.
- Wang G, Zhu H, Situ C, Han L, Yu Y, Cheung TH, Liu K, and Wu Z (2018). p110α of PI3K is necessary and sufficient for quiescence exit in adult muscle satellite cells. EMBO J. e98239. (published online 26.03.2018)